Hy guys! I know that it is a big problem that how to connect a subwoofer with a speaker wire,
but don’t worry I am here for help you I’ll tell you the seven easy steps through which you can easily connect the subwoofer with your speaker wire.
Subwoofers are speakers that reproduce low-pitched audio frequencies, such as those of bass. They’re usually placed on the floor, but they can also be placed on a shelf or table. If you are not familiar with wiring speakers or connecting subwoofer keep attached with us!
7 Easy Steps:
- Find right wire.
- Put on a pair of protective gloves and connect the two wires with a zip tie.
- Cut off the excess wire and trim flush with the other end.
- Pull out the speaker binding post from its slot in the back of the subwoofer.
- Now take out the plastic plug from inside the subwoofer, then insert the wires into their respective terminals.
- Connect one wire to an RCA jack on your receiver, then connect them together with another cable tie.
- Finally Connect one end of a speaker cable to an output on your amplifier and the other end to an input on your receiver.
How to know your speaker wire gauge?
To determine the gauge of your speaker wire, you can look for markings on the wire itself. Most cables will have a number written on them, usually between 12 and 18. This number represents the wire’s thickness, with a lower number indicating a thicker wire.
Alternatively, you can use a wire gauge calculator or measure the wire’s diameter with a caliper. It’s important to choose the right gauge for your system to ensure that your speakers receive enough power without overheating or damaging your equipment. And remember to know the difference between AWG and mm2 wires.
Step1: Find right wire
Finding the right wire is most important part of connecting the subwoofers if wire is not right it may damage your subwoofer or may cause blast. So, follow the steps for finding the perfect wire for your subwoofer.
- Determine the type of connection your subwoofer and speakers require. Some subwoofers and speakers use binding posts, while others use RCA jacks or 3.5mm jacks.
- Check the impedance rating of your subwoofer and speakers. The impedance should match, or you risk damaging your equipment.
- Thicker wire gauges can handle more power but may be more expensive.
- Consider the length of the wire you need. Longer wires may result in more signal loss, so choose a wire that is long enough to reach your equipment, but not longer than necessary.
- Look for wires made from high-quality materials. Copper is a good choice for conductivity, and wires with good insulation can help prevent signal interference.
Step2: Put on a pair of protective gloves and connect the two wires with a zip tie.
Now this is the most important steps of connecting the two wires while connecting the wires to a subwoofer always remember to wear the gloves. For safety of your life just follow these instructions:
- Gather the necessary materials a pair of protective gloves, two wires that you wish to connect, and a zip tie.
- Put on the protective gloves, making sure they fit snugly and cover your hands completely.
- Take the two wires and strip a small section of insulation from each end using wire strippers. Make sure to expose enough wire so that you can twist the ends together.
- Hold the two exposed wire ends together and twist them tightly to form a secure connection.
- Place the zip tie around the twisted wire connection, ensuring that the teeth of the zip tie are facing towards the wires.
- Pull the zip tie tight using pliers or your fingers, making sure that the connection is secure, and the wires are held firmly together.
- Trim the excess zip tie using wire cutters or scissors, leaving only a small tail.
- Check the connection to ensure that it is secure and that the wires are not able to come apart.
- If necessary, repeat the process with additional zip ties until you have achieved the desired level of security.
- Remove the gloves and dispose of them properly.
Always make sure that you are working with disconnected wires to avoid the risk of electrical shock.
Step3: Cut off the excess wire and trim flush with the other end.
Now that you have cut off the excess wire, trim it flush with the other end. Make sure that the wire is not frayed or damaged, as this could cause problems when you try to plug your subwoofer into an outlet.
Step4: Pull out the speaker binding post from its slot in the back of the subwoofer.
- The speaker binding post is a metal sleeve used to connect the speaker cable to a subwoofer. It has two prongs that fit into the subwoofer’s terminals, and you can remove it by pulling it out of its slot in the back of your subwoofer.
- The banana plug is another type of electrical cable connector that’s used when connecting speakers and other devices together. They have flat sides, which makes them easy to insert into awkward spaces like under cabinets or behind walls or furniture pieces!
- A spade connector has two prongs on one end; you’ll use this type if you want an invisible connection between your speakers’ wires and those from your receiver (or other audio components)
Step5: Now take out the plastic plug from inside the subwoofer, then insert the wires into their respective terminals.
To take out the plastic plug from inside the subwoofer,
First, locate the plug on the back of the subwoofer. Gently grip the plastic plug and carefully pull it out of the socket. Once the plug is removed, you should see the terminals where the wires will be inserted.
Secondly, identify which wire corresponds to which terminal by checking the colors or labels on the wires. Insert the positive wire into the positive terminal and the negative wire into the negative terminal. Ensure that the wires are securely inserted into the terminals to avoid any loose connections.
Finally, you can test the subwoofer to confirm that it’s working correctly.
Step6: Connect one wire to an RCA jack on your receiver, then connect them together with another cable tie.
In this step you have to connect the one wire to RCA jack on your receiver and then connect them together remember that this is the most important part of connecting wire to a subwoofer so do it carefully and read the instructions clearly,
Most important step:
First, I will tell you that how to connect the wire to RCA jack and then I will tell you that how to tie the two tables together I know it’s a little bit lengthy but it’s most important step so read it carefully,
Connecting wire to RCA jack:
- Identify the RCA jack on your receiver, usually labeled with red (right channel) and white (left channel).
- Strip the wire with a wire stripper or scissors to reveal about half an inch of bare wire at the end.
- Twist the exposed wires tightly to prevent fraying.
- Insert the red wire into the red RCA jack and the white wire into the white RCA jack.
- Ensure a secure connection by tightening any screws or clamps on the RCA jack.
Connecting two cables together with cable ties:
- Lay the two cables parallel to each other, with the ends overlapping about two inches.
- Wrap a cable tie around both cables near the overlapping area and cinch it tightly.
- Cut off the excess part of the cable tie with a pair of scissors or a wire cutter.
- Repeat the process with another cable tie, spacing it about six inches away from the first one.
- Check that the cables are securely fastened together and that the ties are tight enough to prevent movement or disconnection.
Step7: Connect one end of a speaker cable to an output on your amplifier and the other end to an input on your receiver.
Now that you have a subwoofer, it’s time to connect one end of a speaker cable to an output on your amplifier and the other end to an input on your receiver.
The same cable that connects to the subwoofer will be used for this purpose. If you don’t have one yet, then just use whatever speaker cable is currently installed in your stereo system. it will work just fine!
So, there you have it, a simple and easy way to connect your subwoofer to your speaker wire. I mentioned the each and single detail just read them carefully and remember the step 6 which is most important. I hope this guide helped you out in some way or another and if you have any questions, please feel free to leave them below we are here for just your help and if you think that this article will help you then also see our more articles.
How should subwoofer be connected?
A subwoofer should be connected to an amplifier or receiver using a subwoofer cable. The cable should be plugged into the subwoofer output on the amplifier/receiver and the input on the subwoofer. The subwoofer should be powered on and the volume level adjusted according to personal preference.
Which wire should I use?
I prefer those wire whose size ranges between 12- to 16-gauge are best recommended for wiring subwoofers. There will be no audible difference between them; the larger cable will simply have less power loss.
Or you can also go with 16 or 14-AWG speaker wires or 18 or 16-AWG wires. Because these are thicker and having a good connectivity.
Which things should I look for when buying a subwoofer?
When buying a subwoofer, there are several things you should consider ensuring you get the right one for your needs. Here are some key factors to look for:
Subwoofers come in different sizes, ranging from 8 inches to 18 inches.
The power handling of a subwoofer is the amount of power it can handle without distortion. It’s important to match the power handling of the subwoofer to your amplifier or receiver to avoid damage.
Subwoofers with higher sensitivity require less power to produce the same amount of volume as a subwoofer with lower sensitivity. Look for a subwoofer with a sensitivity rating of at least 90 dbs.
The frequency response of a subwoofer refers to the range of frequencies it can reproduce. Look for a subwoofer with a frequency response that extends down to at least 20Hz
How to connect subwoofer to a stereo amplifier?
To connect a subwoofer to a stereo amplifier, you’ll need to connect the input on your amplifier to the RCA cable that came with your subwoofer. If an RCA cable is not included with your subwoofer, you can purchase one at any store that sells electronics or home goods.
Next, insert the red (negative) end of the RCA cable into one of the inputs on your stereo amplifier and then plug in the black (positive) end of the same RCA cable into one of the outputs on your subwoofer’s speaker output port.
How to connect subwoofer to a car?
Subwoofers are a great way to add bass to your car, but they can be tricky to connect but are easy. Here’s how to do it:
Turn on your car and make sure the subwoofer is in its storage location.
Connect the subwoofer’s speaker wire to the red (+) terminal on the back of your car’s receiver (or head unit).
Connect the other end of the speaker wire to any unused speaker terminals on your receiver or head unit (the two terminals next to each other).
How to connect subwoofer to a Denon receiver?
Connecting a subwoofer to your Denon receiver is easy. Here’s how you do it:
First, make sure that the subwoofer is turned off. Then unplug the power cord from the unit and set it aside for now.
Next, remove any cables connected to the back of your Denon receiver that may be in the way—you don’t want them getting tangled up or caught on anything during this process.
Now carefully place one end of each cable into its corresponding port on the back of your Denon receiver, being careful not to snag any wires along the way! You can use a screwdriver if necessary to help guide them into their respective ports—just make sure that you don’t damage anything in the process!
Once all these cables are in place (and hopefully without incident), plug them back into their respective ports on your Denon receiver, making sure not to cross-thread any connections (or else they won’t work).
Can I use speaker wire for a subwoofer?
Yes, you can use speaker wire for a subwoofer.
Subwoofers are bass-heavy, and the amount of power they need to produce that bass is huge. Speaker wire delivers a lot of power it’s one of the most efficient types of wiring in your house. So, it’s ideal for subwoofers.